Sunday, July 24, 2016

Hello again, it's me.


This is not my first blog.  It is actually my 3rd one.  The first one was dedicated to my crafting business I had prior to my son being born.  #2 was an anonymous after my son was born to deal with the real feeling mom’s had and my post-partum depression. This 3rd and hopefully final attempt is in response to a couple of friends telling me to write a book and my son’s doctor telling me to write a blog.
Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Julie, I am a full time mom and a full time middle school teacher.  I have been married to my husband, Dan for 11 years and we have a 6.5 year old autistic son named Sam. There is a constant struggle present in my life to be good enough in many aspects. A good enough mom, teacher, daughter, friend, co-worker..blah blah blah. Something you need to know about me, I am very hard on myself.  This is not a ploy for attention or sympathy, I truly feel this way for many reasons that are ingrained in the fibers of my being. I am always questioning a decision I make or have made, I deal with HUGE amounts of guilt and I really do care what people think.  I have been on this planet for some time now and as much as I would like to change this I am unsure if I have the ability to do so.
So why now?  I took a break from Facebook because it made me feel worse about myself. Why you are asking? People’s lives aren’t that great. We all don’t have fabulous day’s every day. People post things that hurt other people’s feelings or make them doubt the life they are living. So how is my life post FB, while I still have days where I feel like crap , I have a lot more time and a lot less stress. Was this stress self imposed? Maybe.
I still get on social media. I hopped on the twitter train and then my students found it. I like Instagram. I love looking at pictures of interesting people, or places. I have been on for a couple of years now. I follow people that inspire me, share meaningful quotes, make me laugh or make me want to be a better me.
I want to share the things that go on in my life because maybe I can help another ASD mom/dad or maybe someone else. Maybe someone will laugh at my thought process, maybe it will be an escape. I will share about my struggles, my job, my son, husband, friends, family, and pretty much life in general. I won’t be a total open book but I will be honest and truthful. I think we have become a society of veiled truths. We share what looks good, neat, pretty and with literal filters.  I am not sure but maybe it will be a much needed release for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment